My Home Watch Franchisees and head office have completed The Department of Health’s 30-minute online education course for care workers about protecting themselves and care recipients from infection with coronavirus.
The infection control training module “How to protect yourself and the people you are caring for from infection with COVID-19” was recently launched and My Home Watch has taken actions to protect
ALL franchisee’s, head office staff and our customers.
It targets workers across care sectors including aged care, health and disability.
” We felt it was appropriate and a responsible duty of care to ask all our franchisee’s and staff to complete this online training. Safety is our number 1 priority! ” say’s My Home Watch, CEO Natasha Morgan
The education covers the fundamentals of infection prevention and control for COVID-19 including:
- COVID-19 – what is it?
- signs and symptoms
- keeping safe – protecting yourself and others
- myth busting.
After completing the course, our team is able to:
- understand the basics about the COVID-19 virus, including how it is spread
- describe what you can do to protect yourself and others
- know what to do if you develop symptoms
- know what to do if the person you are caring for develops symptoms
- tell the difference between myths and facts of COVID-19.